Sparkle The Movie (2012)

sparkle movie poster, whitney houston, jordin sparks, afterthelevels.com, cory blaze, fatguyradioshow

Prepare yourself for utter excitement. Not only is this Whitney's final movie before her untimely death in February 2012, but I'm a fan of musicals. Especially when you have the caliber of talent like Whitney Houston, Jordin Sparks and Tamala Mann. My only set back regarding the cast is Ceelo Green, not really excited for him in this film. Never been a big fan (maybe I'll share my thoughts on Ceelo Green some day).


This movie has the makings of being inline with other great musicals remakes like Chicago and Ray.

I'm personally looking forward to this, however I will not see it on opening weekend. I'll wait until the following weekend to go see it. The lines that form at opening weekend is hard for me to stomach. Understanding there may be a little more excitement for this movie after Whitney's passing, the lines hold a higher probability of being around the block. To avoid that I will go the following weekend mid afternoon.

I hope you take the opportunity to check it out. Maybe we can go together.