64th Primetime Emmy® Awards Review

emmy awards, ABC, afterthelevels.com, cory blaze, jimmy kimmel, tv shows,
The 64th Primetime Emmy Awards aired September 23, 2012 and for the first time in a long time I sat and watched. I'm happy to announce, I was entertained. The awards show was not the dreck I've come to categorize all awards shows.

Awards shows, as mentioned in Jimmy Kimmels' opening monologue, is normally a circle jerk of people praising their favorite person… themselves. However I have to give an AfterTheLevels tip of the hat to the production elements added to the show.

I found myself laughing and giggling. The skits where not overly done, predictable or unbelievable. They were all entertaining and shed light on the powerful acting skills of some of our great American actors and actresses.

Now, it did seem like the Modern Family - MadMen show after awhile, but I chop that up to the number of awards the shows were nominated for and won.

The Tracy Morgan twitter spoof was pretty creative and you have to give Jimmy Kimmel and the writers credit. It was different, new and picked on the needless stupidity of social media.

Jimmy Kimmel himself did a great job. His performance did not cast a shadow over my all time favorite Ellen, but I was not off-put by his hosting. I enjoy Jimmy Kimmel.

At the end of the day the show as great. If you missed any of the winners you can find them here and for the next week we will hear all the fashionistas offering their opinions on the dress of the celebrities… which happens to be the worst part of any awards show. No one gives a crap about how you feel the celebrities were dress. Its' not their fault you're talentless and can't act so you resolved to critiquing clothes.

Great job ABC.

No comments: