Bromance Fear

This may very well be the most "gayest" blog post yet, but I'm going for it anyway. I think I have a fear of bromance.

bromance, guy friends, men, afterthelevels.com, cory blaze
Every guy knows what a bromance is, its kind of the new way of saying bestfriend. Its the one guy friend you do almost everything with. Sports, talking, laughing, drinking, etc. Almost as if you are in a relationship with a woman, minus the sex.

Where my quote-unquote fear derives from is the thought of being that vulnerable with just one guy. But that's what friendships are, right? I can't honestly say right now that I have a true diehard guy friend that classifies as a bromance. It's not that there isn't a viable candidate, its that I don't think I'm able to open up enough to allow a friend to become that bromance.

This is indeed a sad thought. Being unable to embrace vulnerability challenges the potential of meeting that one true friend everyone needs in life. It's good to have that person to share anything with and not be judged.

On the other hand every current guy friend of mine has a life, I don't have one single friend I see on a daily basis. Isn't that a requirement of a bromance? Or if you can't see them you at least talk with them everyday?

I think deep down inside I desire a bromance but maybe I'm not willing to make the investment with a risk of being so vulnerable. Life sucks when you go at it alone, but life sucks harder when someone rips your trust out of it.

No comments: