Steve Albert - Commentator or Clobpoll?

If you're a Steve Albert fan, this post may rub you the wrong way. I am not, nor will I ever be a Steve Albert fan.

steve albert, ann meyers drysdale, nba, phoenix suns, afterthelevels.com, cory blaze
In July 2012 the Phoenix Suns annouced Steve Albert as the next play-by-play announcer. Steve Albert has a Bachelor of Science degree in telecommunications from Kent State and began announcing games for the World Hockey Association. For the past 13 years before joining the Suns he was the announcer for the New Jersey Nets. Spent five years with the Golden State Warriors and one season with the New Orleans Hornets.

One thing Steve Albert is NOT… a Phoenix Suns fan! He can't fake it. During his so called play-by-play Steve's announcing style favors every opponent of the Suns. Don't let there be a big team like LA or Miami playing against the Suns, then he's calling the games with his pants off.

I'm a Phoenix Suns homer, I was born and raised in Phoenix. I've always known the Phoenix Suns, I attended by first game at the age of 3 with my father in the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. So my Suns can do no wrong in my book. Winning or loosing. I'm a diehard Phoenix Suns fan.

Steve Albert during a game will spotlight and recap highlights of the opposing team. He's often heard continuously quoting the statistics and strong points of the other team. He was hired as the announcer for the Phoenix Suns not the opposing team. Phoenix Suns fans don't want to hear our supposedly annoucer spotlighting the other team. Rather the Suns are playing at their best or not.


Eddie Johnson is often paired with Steve during home games and he brings Steve back to the spotlight of the Suns players. Even though he makes it about himself, but there is a pellucid defined difference between Eddie and Steve. Eddie displays passion for the team he's color commentating, Steve does not.

It pisses me off that this douche is on the payroll of the Phoenix Suns and can't call a game in favor of the Suns. As a homer, if the Suns are loosing a game I want to hear about what they need to do to get back in the game. I don't want to hear what the opposing team has done to put the Suns in a hole and how strong they are on whatever. I'm watching these games from my home in Phoenix not Milwaukee, Las Angeles, or anywhere else. Therefore I want to hear some encouragement for my home team from my home teams commentators.

Ann Meyers Drysdale steps into the role of color commentator during road games and this vapid useless has-been just follows Steve like a lost little puppy. Anything he says she validates. Neither one of these jerk stores know anything about the Phoenix Suns. Steve Albert during the game with the Bucks referred to Sebastian Telfar as Shannon Brown. WHAT! He doesn't know the players on the team he works for?

I don't disagree often with the decisions my Phoenix Suns front office makes, but bringing on Steve Albert and Ann Meyers Dry-spell was the worst decision in franchise history. It pains me to hear these two. I rally to get them out and get someone in there that will uplift and promote my team, not root for the other.

Think I'm wrong, just listen to the commentary and the way they're presented. I also would like to choke the Fox Sports Network producer that allows him to get away with this. If you're going to be the home team commentator, commentate for the home team!

No comments: